Try this recipe for delicious, flaky pie crush, cooked up by Gesine Bullock-Prado, sister of Oscar-winning actress Sandra Bullock.
All-Butter Easy Pie Dough
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, cold
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- and chilled in the freezer for 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup ice water (Don't add the ice to the pie dough, just the water.)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, pulse together the flour, salt, sugar, and butter until the mixture resembles cornmeal.
- In a small bowl, stir together the ice water and the lemon juice. Slowly add the liquid to the flour mixture, pulsing, until the dough just comes together. Squeeze a small piece of dough between your thumb and index finger to make sure it holds its shape.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide it in half. Gently turn over each piece of dough a few times so that any dry bits are incorporated. Form each piece into a loose disk, cover the dough with plastic wrap, and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.