Everyone is a little bit Irish on St. Patty’s Day! So, Clinton’s got the perfect hand-painted glasses for your favorite Irish cocktail.
Along with this being a super easy and fun craft, they cost $2.00 to make. They look exactly like something you’d find in the stores for triple the price!
What You Need:
How to Make Them:
There are three techniques you can use to make these. Here are all three.
1. The hand painted dotted technique: Squeeze out a small dollop of paint on a paper plate. Press a pencil eraser into the paint and begin dotting around the base of the glass.
To create an ombre effect, just add a dollop of white to create more shades that gradually get lighter.
You can use a rubber band to help keep your dots in straight line. Or you can create a rainbow by using a few colors or an ombre by using only 2 colors – a base color plus white.
2. The chevron stripes technique: This technique will turn a simple glass or vase into something elegant and chic. For this design, you’ll need your painter’s tape and a cosmetic sponge.
Starting at the bottom, create a wide “v” and work your way up until you’ve created the amount of stripes you want. Cut the tape with scissors so you have a clean end to work with.
Then, using the sponge applicator, apply paint to glass and allow to dry for at least 10 minutes before applying a second coat.
Carefully remove the tape once paint has completely dried.
3. The stripes technique: Put rubber bands around the glass to create stripes. Use a thin paintbrush to apply acrylic paint on to glass.
NOTE: thicker rubber bands work best.
4. For all of these techniques, let the finished glasses dry for an hour, and then flip them over on a sheet pan.
5. Place them in a cold oven and bake at 350° for 30 minutes to set the paint. Turn off the heat and allow the glasses to cool in the oven for an hour before handling.
6. You should hand wash these glasses only and as always, drink cautiously!