Ms. Swan has a long history with the law enforcement field, having been a bail bondsperson before deciding to stay in Storybrooke and having been incarcerated some time prior to that when she gave birth to her son, Henry. Since arriving in the town she’s:
- Destroyed a piece of local signage with her car
- Allegedly stolen files from Dr. Hopper’s office—the charges were later dropped
- Taken a chainsaw to one of Mayor Mills’ prized apple trees
- Broken into Mayor Mills’ family crypt
- Gotten into a physical fight with the Mayor
- Broken into Mayor Mills’ office and stolen confidential city plans
And despite all of that criminal activity, she was still hired as a Sheriff’s deputy and elected the new town Sheriff when Graham died.